Sat 29th Jan 2022 – Driver Hours/Eco Driving CPC(Online Learning Course)
This is a virtual course.
Candidates wishing to sit one of our online courses will need a device capable of video call, this means that you will need either a laptop with a camera or a tablet/mobile phone with a camera function. Links will be sent via email to all online courses, all you will need to do is click on the link and connect.
PLEASE NOTE: Any candidate that goes offline during the course and does not come back online within 15 mins will be removed from the course, small interruptions of up to a couple of mins due to technical issues or a battery going will be allowed but we still have to show a full 7 hrs training, therefore if a candidate goes offline, the other candidates will also have to wait and continue when all candidates are back in the course meeting. There will be comfort breaks and a short lunch break scheduled.
Course Duration: 7 hours
Please ensure you have read the terms and conditions of this course below before purchasing.
9 in stock
Course Content Covered
Eco Driving Segment
Economics and how fuel can be the greatest outgoing to a vehicle operator.
- Emphasis on how fuel consumption can make the difference between profit and loss.
- Various items fitted to vehicles that can increase fuel consumption.
- Trailer proximity and wind deflector usage
- Explanation of how certain factors can increase fuel consumption
- Rain / Snow
- Road surface
- Rolling resistance
- Correct use of vehicle controls and how this can reduce fuel consumption
- Clutch control
- Cruise control
- Gear selection
- Explanation of the effects of load height and positioning on the vehicle
Driver Hour Segment
- Introduction to the different regulations.
- How a driver works out which regulations are relevant to them.
- Exemptions and derogations, both for EU and for GB regulations.
- GB domestic hours regulations, including how these differ and relate to EU hours.
- EU drivers hours regulations.
- Maximum driving and working periods, breaks & rest periods, rules regarding multi-manning
operations and ferry / train rules.
- Travelling time and emergency, unforeseen, situations.
- Working time regulations, reference periods, collective workforce agreements, periods of availability.
- Night work, maximum hours for night workers, collective workforce agreements and health checks.
- Period of availability, including what does and does not count as a period of availability.
- Occasional workers and selection of the correct modes for working, rest, POA.
- The course includes practical exercises and confirmation quiz sheets.